If you need help at home just get in touch. 0131 661 0890 or click here to send an email
We can work with families who live in Edinburgh or Midlothian and have a child under five.
We can also support you if you are pregnant and live in Edinburgh.
- You don't need to be on benefits
- You don't have to be British
- You don't need to be a single parent or a couple
- You don't need to be unemployed
- Not judgemental
- Good at listening
- Keen to help you
- Not religious or political
- A charity
- Not part of the council, Social Work or the benefits system
- Flexible, we come to your house at the time when you need us
You can refer yourself using this brief form click here
What does Home link do? click here for some family stories
What happens next?
1. When you have been in contact we will call you and have a quick chat on the phone about your situation, we can help most families, but if we can't we'll put you in touch with another agency.
2. Then we'll arrange to come and see you at home, at a time that suits you. We'll find out more about you and how we can help you, and maybe meet your children.
3. Then you might go on a waiting list. We'll try and make it as quick as possible but it can be a few months.
4. We'll match you with either a paid staff member or a volunteer who will visit you regularly to give practical and emotional support to you and your children.
5. We'll support you in the way that you want, you are always in control
What sort of help would I get?
We'll fit in with what you want, some of the things we do include:
- Someone who will really listen to you
- Practical help in the house
- Parenting help
- Help to get out with the children
- Help to get to know the local area
Can I speak to someone else about Home Link?
Yes, ask your Health Visitor or your doctor or anyone who helps you. They can make a referral for you here and fill out a referral form.