What our families say:
- "Having a volunteer allows me to look at other ideas which help me understand life better."
'She was really great, such a good listener and really supportive. She didn't care what people thought, and that really helped me when I felt anxious about going out as I always worried what people thought of me. I am really chuffed with how I was able to build a trusting relationship with her; she was really honest and didn’t sugar coat things which I thought was great. I felt I was able to share things with her that I wouldn’t tell my friends. I would recommend Home Link to others I would say give it a chance it can feel awkward to start with but am really glad I did.'
- "My Home Link volunteer really understands me, and that is what I like."
- "I like seeing mummy smile. You always make mummy smile now." Eddie, aged 4
- "The Big Bedtime Read made me feel very proud. I wanted to shout from the roof to let everyone how proud I was of being in the DVD. It helped me recognise what a good job I was doing with my child. It has really helped with Kyle’s speech and language and the nursery told me he was doing brilliantly."
- Watch this video about our work with Big Bedtime Read http://vimeo.com/113901375
Click on these headings for some recent stories about families
- Julie's Story
- Sometimes we just talk about shoes
- Giving the family some 'Me' time
- A little goes a long way
- A Befriending Success
- How volunteers have helped